Saturday, May 23, 2020

You, too, can garden!

Since the Shelter in place order was put in place, I know many families and students have started their own home projects that include building a garden at their home! My family and I created a garden in our yard too. I took what I learned with me this year in sustainable agriculture and built an 8 foot by 4 foot garden bed with many other pots around it. We put a fence around it to keep deer, racoon, etc away. In the bed we planted dinosaur kale, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, artichoke, basil, and broccoli. We have already made 3 delicious salads! I used the HTGMV textbook to implement proper spacing. Along with the garden I started a new beehive in my yard next to the garden to continue practicing sustainable agriculture. As well as set up a bait hive next to it to attract a wild swarm to fill the other bee box.
Giselle Zirpoli


No comments:

Post a Comment