Monday, February 5, 2018

Fermenting

by Brian O'Donnell
re: week of 1/22/18


This week the highlight of class was probably fermenting vegetables. By first cutting them up then putting them in jars with some salt water, pickling spices, garlic and pepper seeds. We got to try some a few days later and at first for me it was kind of really salty but after a minute the flavor really grew on me. We are getting ready for an iron chef and we have decided to make a pot pie with the fermented food we have. Another highlight would have to be working in the garden and seeing the plants from last week sprouting and take root. Also we weeded because there are always weeds. It's been fun adjusting to my new group, I'm not in my old one anymore because at the end of break when we got back there was only Macela and I so we decided to switch to new people. The people in my new group are really cool too and the welcomed me in really nicely. I am in the compost group which I really like because we are growing dirt which it kind of trippy for me because usually you grow from dirt. In all it has been a fun week.





No comments:

Post a Comment